lunes, 18 de noviembre de 2013

NAAS AFC

Last weekend I sent an email to Naas AFC. One of the football clubs in Naas. I told them that I worked as a football coach in Spain and I had played in third division for several years. Also I told them that I had a pro licence. They replied to me days later and the head coach wrote his phone number and he told me to call him. The next day I called him and we were talking and he said to me that on Sunday morning there is a football academy between Naas and Newbridge and I could go there. I don’t have a car but he picked me up at Tesco. The pitches are 10 kilometres from Naas. We arrived at 9.30 am and the work out started at 9.45 until 11.45. The level of the group is under eleven years old. The coach is Cooper and I was his assistant coach. The weather wasn’t too bad because it wasn’t raining but it was a freezing day. My feet were wet and I could scarcely move. The coach did a great job although the drills were a little bit dynamic but the explanations were good. I observed all the work out and I sometimes tried to say something but I didn’t have enough words to explain properly. The next group was at 12.00 to 14.00 pm in this group the coach let me to do a drill. He did a lot of exercises about possession and when he finished he told me it was my turn and I had to do any exercise about possession. I did one with 3 teams. Purpose: two of them have to try keeping the ball and the third team has to get the ball back, when the team recovers the ball, they have to keep the ball with the other team which didn’t lose the ball. My explanation wasn’t good enough but the players had done it before in their clubs so it was easy to understand it. That morning I learnt a lot of vocabulary about football and I hope to improve everyday. The next day will be on Monday. I promise to tell you more details about my experience as a football coach. At this moment I’m trying to listen and see the work out but when I have more confidence I’ll try to do my own work out.

Regards,

On Sunday mornings

Football pitches

Kildare Academy

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario