martes, 21 de enero de 2014

MEALS

Meatballs
Everyone asks me what I’m eating in Ireland and who cooks the meals. Everybody wants to know what time I´m having lunch or dinner. Well, I’m going to tell you everything about the meals. I’m the cook. Nobody prepares the meals for me. I don’t think that I’m a bad cook what I mean is that my level isn’t as Chicote or Locote but I’m trying to do my best. I enjoy cooking but I don’t like washing the plates up after preparing the meals. I live with an Irish family. They rent me a room and I can use whatever I want in the kitchen. I have my own room in the fridge and my own shelf where I put anything like milk, vegetables, meat, fresh products, fruit and so on. I’ll usually have lunch at 13.30 pm and I’ll make pasta, rice, meat, beans, carrots... I’ve never made lentils and chickpeas so I decided to made them one day. It was curious because I only put a few bunches of lentils into the pot but later it grew up too much. So, I was eating lentils for three days running. My Irish family has a big ice box but it is full of food consequently it’s impossible to put anything inside so I have to eat all the food before it expires.
I remember one of my first day in Ireland. I went to Tesco and I bought salt but I had bought a light salt by mistake so the next day when I prepared the meal I used it. Consequently, when I ate it the meal was so mild that I had to use all the salt.
I like having dinner at 9.30 as I have in Spain but in my house I have one problem and it’s that my family hates the smell of oil. They have a different schedule than me and they’ll have dinner at 6.30 pm so at 9.00 pm the kitchen is tidy.

The next day after my first day I cooked my dinner but they asked me if I didn’t mind cooking in a different cooker. They have 2 cookers. The biggest is in the kitchen and the other one is in the laundry room. The problem is that in the laundry room is a very cold place. It doesn’t have radiator as a result it’s impossible to cook at night. The only solution for me is to make something in the oven, so everyday I eat pizza or paninis for dinner. I know that it isn’t healthy but I prefer pizza to feeling cold doing something different.
Best wishes,

Chickpeas with chorizo

Spaghettis carbonara

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario